Bluefire motioned for Dawnstar to come and they padded to the place where Stonepaw was staying. The hail beat down on their pelts as they walked the short distance in silence. Bluefire stopped at the entrance and nudged Stonepaw's lifeless form. Dawnstar bowed her head and her eyes clouded with grief for the lively young cat. The two cats hauled his body to the center of the camp, his claws dragging on the snowy ground. Whiteshadow burst out from the Warrior's Den and dug her nose into his fur. After all in the clan had said good-bye, Dawnstar, Whiteshadow, Bluefire, Roseflower, Wolfclaw, and Cinderpaw all sat vigil for him.
The next morning the storm was nothing but a forgotten memory. The choking silence was still in the air as the clan tried to carry out their normal duties. Wolfclaw, Roseflower, Cinderpaw, and Fogpaw were to bury him. Sadness radiated from everyone even though they tried to act like everything was fine. Dawnstar was expecting Her Deputy, Medicine Cats, and Apprentice to arrive soon as the weather was sunny. She was worried about Riverpaw though...how would she feel, finding out her brother and last remaining littermate had died?











4 comments:
Tallfur watched Stonepaw die........ and hoping he and Spottedkit wouldn't lose their lives to. Thinking of that...... Tallfur crawled next to Spottedkit, and he snuggled up to her. Then, tears formed in his eyes and he started to cry........ hoping that someone will comfort Whiteshadow and Icefang about Stonepaws death.
"Icefang." Tallfur mewed..... getting out of his make-shift den and heading towards Icefang. "I'm so sorry. If he were still alive... he would have all of your fantastic skills. I know how it feels, because my brother died too." Tallfur mewed and licked Icefangs shoulder. "I just want you to know...... life is life, and soon everyone will die. Everyone has a certain place in Starclan. Soon, I will die..... just like everyone. Don't worry, Stonepaw is safe in Starclan..... and I bet that my brother Moonwisker will watch over him."
(If you didn't see, I posted a comment about Stonepaw having the deadly blackcough, you and Spottedkit only have greencough.)
(I know... but anything could happen)
Post a Comment