Dawnstar awoke to a grassy clearing in the middle of a forest. "Where am I? I know I've been here before..." she thought. "Greetings Dawnstar" mewed a sparkling cat stepping from the bushes. She froze, but her eyes sparkled, she knew this cat. "Blaze...Blazewing!" she cried out happily. "I gave you a sign at the gathering" he mewed, purring to see her again. Dawnstar flashed back to the night of the gathering. A bird flew by although the sun had long set. It fell to the ground and caught fire on it's wing. She snapped out of it and nodded. "I bring a prophecy" he whispered in her ear. He began "The blood-red tooth will rise against the molten fire and three will rise to challenge it. The glare of the moon and flash of the sun, which will find the one who was lost, healing the heart of the Rose. The echoes fade, only to return with a wave of sound. Led by the one of power, the one of wisdom, and the one of stealth. Whispers of the breeze in the nightshine and faith are heard, carving a dangerous path to walk." As he finished he began to fade. "Wait! Blazewing, what happened to Snowkit!" Dawnstar yowled. He whispered one last thing. "Her name became Snowberry..."
"Dawnstar!" Shadowfang yowled in her ear, jolting her awake. She was in her den under the Tall Stone. "Dawnstar, it's terrible! Sunpaw has been carried off by a hawk!" Shadowfang mewed distressed. "No!" Dawnstar yowled out. She rushed into the clearing of the camp. Quailwing, Rainpaw, Hailpaw, and Thornmask sat grieving for her near the entrance. Dawnstar bowed her head, she was leader and as she slept a young apprentice was carried away by a hawk! She was reminded of the prophecy given to her by her former mate, but put off thinking about what it meant to grieve for Sunpaw.
At sunset, the border patrol came back to camp with three unknown cats. "Dawnstar" Tallfur mewed, we found these cats on our territory. A tortoiseshell she-cat spoke "I am Blare of the thunder storms, you may call me Blare." She flicked her tail to a white she-cat "This is Skye where birds soar" Blare mewed. "Call me Skye" the white cat said. Blare then turned to a grey tom and said "This is Ash from fire mountains" Blare told them. "Call me Ash" he mewed gruffly. "We are from the Tribe of Rising Echoes. We have been attacked by cats who say they need territory. Large group, they have almost destroyed us. The only name I caught was Fang, he led them. It seems they were separated, but united. I could tell by the way they attacked. We have scattered. I saw my sister escape, but I do not know how many made it. I found Ash and Skye and we traveled here." Blare told them sadly. "You may stay here for awhile" Dawnstar mewed, flicking her tail. As they left she remembered the prophecy. "The blood-red tooth will rise against the molten fire" , could this be Ash? "Thornmask, Firestorm, and Stormclaw" Dawnstar yowled, "Keep an eye on them, take shifts, and get more cats if you need them. Tell them they are staying in the Elder's Den with Whiteshadow." It had been a long day, and Dawnstar was tired, she went into her den and curled up to sleep.











0 comments:
Post a Comment