Zephyire darted forward, legs thrumming on the cold ground. The snow made his russet pelt stand out immensely. Great he thought, How will I feed myself now? I'm barely old enough to catch butterflies, as if those would feed anyone.. He kept moving, breath billowing out in clouds. Bounds later, the young fox made a skidding stop, the peculiar scent of rose and mint hitting his nostrils. Snow began crunching and he could he voices speaking in a language so different from his. "Cats" he hissed the word. Zephyire took shelter in a bush just out side the scent, and snow dropped onto his muzzle. He shook it off angrily.
There were many cats, a pale ginger tabby in the lead, and a small gray cat next to a small sand-colored tabby in the back. His eyes were fixed on the gray female at the back of the party. She's...amazing! Zephyire thought, mystified. When she disappeared from view, he snapped back to reality. "Wait a minute, I can't ever love a cat...can I?" he whispered, bitter-sweet longing filling him. "I mean, we aren't the same species, not to mention the fact that cats hate foxes in general, and I don't even know her name!" he murmured. He pricked his ears, hearing a voice that sounded like wind.Dove... it whispered to him. "Is her name Dove?" he exclaimed loudly, instantly flicking his tail over his mouth. Oops Zephyire thought, praying they didn't hear him.
When he was sure the cats had gone, he crept out of his hiding place. "Dove...I wish I could be a cat too, I want to meet her and understand what they say unlike the hostile glares and lashing tails I get" I cried out into the sky. "Is that what you really want?" a voice called to him. He turned his head to face a starry-furred cat with eyes like the moon, he gasped. "You...can speak my language?" he questioned, surprised. "Is that your true wish young fox?" the starry she-cat repeated. Zephyire nodded. "Then it is done" she replied, expressionless. Cold black enveloped him, and all sound faded to silence...
"Once Fox, will forever change the Dove, born of the pure Flame...love will be broken, as well as bond. Betrayal lies thick, and all from the eyes of the stars...the rose now blossoms, free of cold frost"











15 comments:
(That was wonderful!)
Mistflower padded through the forest and gave a long sigh. The past few days haven't been filled with much food, and the cold left frost on her pelt. She missed the warm days of green-leaf, and wished that they would come already.
(Thanks! :D Glad someone appreciates it ;), BTW your posts are AH-mazing on SleetClan! )
Dovepaw gave Mistflower a look of agreement, Robinpaw shivering beside her. She flicked her ears, thinking she heard something. After moments of silence she resumed walking onward back towards camp.
~*::Dovepaw::*~
I know that many bloggers do not like advertising on their blogs, but since the clans have not been stable, I wondered if you would like to be added to my blogroll. ;) I was posting to see if you would kindly add me to your blogroll or link list, and like I said earlier, I would add RoseClan to mine. Please visit WoodClan: http://warriorcats101.blogspot.com/
(Just to forewarn you, if RoseClan hasn't been posted on in more than one month, then I will delete the link from my blogroll.)
Thank you,
Froststar
Hmmm, since nobody really comes on...it's really hard to motivate myself to post, so I'm worried I won't post every month...I'll have to think about it ;)
(Thank you Dawnstar! Sorry for the late reply :( )
Mistflower lowered her gaze when she heard an odd rustling coming from across a large log. She sniffed the air and could taste the lingering scent of fox, but nothing more. She narrowed her eyes and hooked her claws into the log. She kept the other half of her body as low to the ground as she could when she peaked over the log. There was a rusty red tom with white paws and a white tail-tip looking confused.
She ducked her head before he could notice her. She took a deep breath and pounced over the dead tree, knocking the tom over. She bared her teeth as she pined him down, her talon-like claws barely digging in his pelt. "Don't you know this is Clan territory?!" She spat through her teeth.
(That is perfectly fine, Dawnstar. ;) I understand how difficult it is to post when others do not visit often. You can contact me by going to http://warriorcats101.blogspot.com/ and commenting under the latest post or Leader's den. Thank you!)
Zephyire screeched. Awkward on his paws as he was, he easily slipped under Mistflower's claws. "Well excuse me, I...wait a minute, how can we understand eachother I'm-" he started, hissing. Zephyire looked down to see long, wicked-sharp claws. "No wonder" he murmured to himself. Then this cat won't expect a fox technique! he thought.
He lunged to one side, and quickly twisted, lashing out at Mistflower's flank on the other. Then he twisted and kicked with his back legs, fleeing and sending Mistflower backward.He dashed forward, so close to the border..."Gotcha!" two voices shreiked. Heavy weight pinned him down. It was Dovepaw and Robinpaw.
Tallfur layed beside his mate in the elders den. He pressed to her, and every time he moved, his body would shiver. He knew his body was fragile, and he was upset about Wildblaze's death. Wildblaze was a close friend of his. He rested his head on his paws.
~Tallfur
Mudwhisker sat in camp, alone by himself. Snow fell onto his head, and he sighed, his parents were old. He layed down, and his eyes welled with tears. He buried his face into his fur.
~Mudwhisker
Sharppaw sat in camp, and looked around. The camp had a layer of soft snow on the ground. He licked it, and grinned, also he shivered, it was cold!
~Sharppaw
(Forgot Amberheart! XD )
Amberheart stood in the camp, and ruffled her fur. She smiled at Dawnstar.
~Amberheart
Dawnstar smiled at Amberheart, but then quickly frowned. "Amberheart! Have you see Mistflower, Dovepaw, or Robinpaw?" she called.
~*::Dawnstar::*~
Amberheart trotted quickly to Dawnstar. She looked around, alarmed. "No!" She meowed sadly. "Should I go look for them?" She cocked her head to one side.
~Amberheart
"No, it's fine, I'll set a patrol out at sunhigh" Dawnstar mewed, a little worried.
Amberheart nodded slowly, "Okay" She slowly turned around. She gracefully padded to the middle of the camp. She tilted her head and looked up towards the sky.
~Amberheart
Jaypelt was walking around, looking up at the sky. He accidently walked into Amberheart, knocking her over. He shook his head and stood up. "Amberheart! Are you okay?!"
~Jaypelt
Amberheart shook off her pelt, and stood up. "Yes, I'm fine" She purred, and smiled. She stared into his eyes for a brief moment, and she looked away embarassed.
~Amberheart
Jaypelt nodded, "I was just lookin--"
~Jaypelt
"Same here"
~Amberheart
They both stared at eachother for a couple brief moments, and then Jaypelt walked off.
Amberheart's ears dropped, no one really talked to her in the clan, if anyone, it was her brother, family, or Dawnstar.
~Amberheart
Mistflower hissed and spun around, facing the tom.
"You dare try to attack a warrior?" She meowed through her teeth. "I aught to-" But she was cut off by Dovepaw, who was hinting her to say no more. She sighed and licked some of the blood off of her pelt.
"Not so strong under two apprentices," She began smugly. "Are you?" She gave a smile and padded so close to him that her muzzle was in his face. "Take him to camp before he does more harm." She ordered the apprentices.
Zephyire struggled. He knew one tactic that might work, but he didn't want to hurt Dove, and it was a dirty fox trick his father had taught him. "I guess that implies these two are stronger than you as well" he retorted back to her.
(Ok, I'll make the new post now! :D )
Post a Comment