[The night of the Gathering...]
Foxpaw stirred, darkness piercing him in every direction as he opened his eyes. Dawnstar was away with many cats, at the Gathering, while tonight he was left to hang back here. As he stood up, his head bumped the ceiling, and blindly he crept from his den.
Am I getting taller? he wondered.
He half-walked, half-stumbled his way out of the camp. Moonlight eerily bathed him in a kind of glow. He sat and looked at the stars. Something was off though, something was...different yet the same. He blinked slowly, thinking. A cat appeared, one with sparkling fur, sitting on a rock under the moon.
"A StarClan cat!" he gasped. She nodded.
"I am Dapplestar, the Leader of RoseClan before Dawnstar." she mewed, her voice with a certain gently-firm tone. "I am here to tell you the rules"
Foxpaw looked deeply confused, and looked at his paws. His eyes widened with surprise. He was a fox again!
"You see now. Every full moon, as soon as the moonlight hits your fur, you will become what you truely are. Also, if you ever speak words of love to Dove...you will forever be a fox." she spoke slowly, with regret-filled eyes. "I am sorry. These are what must be set forth, and it is not my or your place to challenge it"
Distress and anger filled his eyes, and he could take it no longer. He ran further into the territory, hating the long legs that carried him on. Soon he collasped out of sheer exhaustion, and closed his eyes, sorrow piercing him more than the cold winds.











3 comments:
Mistflower stood at the back of the patrol that was leaving the Gathering place. She peered around the corner of a pile of rocks and saw Dawnstar padding casually through the trees.
Poor Foxpaw. She thought sadly. He should have come. Gatherings are always so interesting... especially for a young apprentice such as himself.
(I know, there isn't much to reply to under this post, but soon I can make another part where a patrol finds him the next day. After that post we'll be "caught up" time wise)
Okay, cool. :)
Post a Comment